5 Tips to Move Home Safely During Covid
April 29th, 2021
It’s said that moving into a new house is one of the most stressful things we can do in our lives. To top it all off, we face even more challenges just now thanks to the arrival of COVID-19.
The outbreak of the virus has affected almost every aspect of our everyday lives. We have all had to adapt to a ‘new normal’. Sanitizing, socially distancing and wearing masks are just some of the things we have to keep in mind as we try to carry on with our lives as best as we can.
The housing market has also been affected by COVID-19 but thankfully you are still allowed to buy and sell property and move into your dream homes. However, if you are preparing to move house then you have to be even more prepared to ensure that you and your family are safe from germs.
The safety and wellbeing of everyone involved with a house move are of paramount importance. So, to help take the stress out of your move and to keep everyone involved as safe as possible, here are five tips to make your big move amid coronavirus go as smooth as possible:
- Buy New Boxes: Instead of asking your local shop for spare boxes to pack your things in, buy fresh ones instead because cardboard is difficult to sanitize. You can bulk-buy 30 cardboard boxes online from as little as £5. Always remember that only you and your immediate household members should do all the packing.
- Disinfect & Sanitize: Once you get the keys to your new home, make it your top priority to do a sanitizing sweep of the place as soon as you come in by washing down kitchen surfaces, toilets, door handles and any switches. Pack all of your antibacterial cleaning products and store them somewhere within easy reach. When you arrive at your new home you can get straight to work.
- Social Distancing: Some removal companies are still on hand to help you move with some changes in place. Always remember to keep a safe distance of at least two metres from anyone who is not in your immediate household bubble. If you’re having furniture delivered, you’d be best to go into another room until the delivery and construction of all items are complete and the delivery people leave your home.
- Stock Up On PPE: On moving day, make sure you have a healthy supply of PPE to hand. Make sure you wear a mask at all times, use gloves and have plenty of hand sanitizer on standby as you’ll be loading and unloading boxes from a removals van into your new house.
- Wash Your Hands: When moving into a new property, you’ll be touching lots of surfaces so it’s best to wash your hands as much as possible. Above all, remember not to touch your face.
If you follow these five simple steps they will ensure a healthy and happy move for you and your family.
Happy moving day when it comes!
Are you thinking of selling your house? Get in touch today for your FREE valuation.